Friday, May 11, 2012

May 2012 Birchbox

I recently signed up for Birchbox which is a beauty website that delivers hand-picked deluxe beauty samples to your door every month from $10. I love to sample out products before I buy to see if they are worth paying the full price, so Birchbox is great way to do just that. You fill out a profile when you join and they send you products picked especially for you. They also offer beauty tips and tricks on their site as well as full size products to purchase. This is my first month of my Birchbox subscription, so let’s check out what I got…..

The may Birchbox came with four deluxe samples; Algenist Complete Eye Renewal Balm, Color Club Nail Polish in Disco Nap, Dr. Jart+ Waterfuse BB Cream & Ojon Volume Advance Shampoo. All four samples are definitely products I would want to try out, especially the BB Cream and Ojon shampoo. I have only gotten to use these products for a few days so I don’t have a review of them but I will tell you a little about each product.
Algenist Complete Eye Renewal Balm ($65 retail) is an anti-aging eye balm that promises to tackle dehydration, fine lines, puffiness and dark circles, which are all problems I currently have with my under eyes. It contains Alguronic Acid that is derived from deep sea microalgae to fight signs of aging by promoting cell regeneration. It also contains cumber extract to soothe and hydrate and a dose of caffeine to conquer puffiness. So far I like the way this products applies, its light and not overly hydrating like some anti-aging eye creams can be.
Color Club nail polish in Disco Nap ($8 retail) is a gilded metallic gold from the Foil Collection. It has a super shimmery finish and is a perfect and fun color for spring/summer. All of the Color Club nail polishes are free of formaldehyde and parabens.
I have wanted to tryout a BB (Beauty Balm) Cream since they are the new thing in beauty, so when I received a sample of Dr. Jart’s Water Fuse Beauty Balm ($32 retail), I was excited to try it. This BB Cream is a moisturizer, sunscreen, and treatment serum all-in-one. It’s a tinted balm that helps hide imperfections, so it was act as foundation and there is no need for cover-up. It contains a combination of glacier water; deep ocean water, hyaluronic acid, and aloe vera deeply hydrate skin. This cream also has a broad-spectrum SPF 25+, to blocks UVA and UVB rays. I have been using this for a couple days now and so far really like it.
Ojon Volume Advance Shampoo ($22 retail) is a coconut-derived formula which boosts volume by gently getting rid of the scalp oils and residue that weigh hair down. The star ingredient is Ojon oil which comes from the nuts of the Ojon tree found in Central American rain forests. Coconut oil tames while Peruvian amaranth extracts remove oily debris and build-up, helping hair appear thicker and fuller. I haven’t had a chance to try this shampoo yet but I have always wanted to try the Ojon products. I will let you know what I think once I give it a try.
Overall I am super excited about my Birchbox subscription. The samples I received are ideal for my skin type and style. It will be an exciting event when it arrives at my door every month. If you don’t have a subscription, you can join here.

No comments:

Post a Comment