Monday, May 7, 2012

Burberry Summer 2012 Iconic Nude Lip Mists

Burberry Beauty introduced four new shades of Lip Mists ($30) in their Summer 2012 Iconic Nude collection: Field Rose, Pink Heather, Nude Peach and Nude Honey. I decided to try out two of the new shades, Field Rose & Nude Peach. Burberry’s description of their Lip Mists is “Burberry Lip Mists gives a sheer illuminating finish with a subtle hint of color. Contain moisturizing emollients and wild rose extract for long-lasting hydration and protection.” I haven’t tried the Lip Mist formula before, only the Lip Covers, so I was excited to try them out. The Lip Cover formula is quite pigmented so I was anxious to see how the Lip Mists compare.
I love this formula! I much prefer it over the Lip Cover formula. I find that the Lip Covers can be too pigmented and the color settles into the lines of my lips and I don’t have that problem with the Lip Mists. They apply so smoothly, almost like a gloss but still have decent pigmentation like a lipstick. The color is definitely buildable and the formula is light and super moisturizing. The formula is similar to Chanel Rouge Coco Shines but much more pigmented but still gives the lips a shiny wash of color.
Field Rose is a gorgeous dusty rose with a touch of shimmer. I simple adore this shade, it is the absolute perfect “my lips but better” shade for me. The color looks deeper in the tube than it does when applied. This is definitely my new go to shade for everyday.
Nude Peach is exactly what the name says, a nude peach. This shade has more of a cream finish, with no shimmer that I can see. It gives the lips a soft nude glow with a hint of peach that adds some color, but not much. Nude Peach is perfect for someone who is afraid of a true nude lip but still wants natural nude look.
Left to Right: Field Rose, Nude Peach
Overall I love the Lip Mist formula over the Lip Covers. I will definitely be purchasing more of these in the future. They are the perfect mixture of a gloss and a lipstick. I love how they glide easily onto the lips and give subtle shine & color.



No comments:

Post a Comment