Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Bobbi Brown Miami Collection Long-wear Cream Eyeshadows

Bobbi Brown has introduced her Summer 2012 collection entitled Miami. The collection consists of four new shades of Long-Wear Cream Shadow ($24) in Copper, Bronze Sugar, Nude Beach, and Candlelight. I picked up three of the shades in Candlelight, Nude Beach and Bronze Sugar.

I really love the Long-Wear Cream Shadow formula, especially the shimmer finish shades.
The cream color has a soft, smooth finish and is easily blendable and buildable. You can either apply with your fingers or a brush, but I like to use both. I apply first with my fingers then buff out the edges with a MAC 217 brush. All three shades from the Miami Collection have a shimmer, some more than others. But one thing is for sure; all shades have such a beautiful gleam about them. The formula is in fact pretty long-wearing as the name suggested and I find I don’t have to touch up at all through out the day. The shades almost melt together to create a beautiful shimmering eye.
Candlelight is described as a pale gold and that is exactly what you get. This is the lightest shade in the collection and is perfect to highlight the brow bone or inner corner of the eye. From what I can see, it has tiny flecks of sparkle in it as well. This shade would also serve as a great base shadow.
Nude Beach is described as a shimmering pink nude. I don’t get too much pink from swatching it or looking at it in the pot, it seem peachier to me. The color blends into my skin tone well, so it was difficult to see when applied to my lids. This is a great base shade for me and that’s what I will probably use it for mostly. It has just a touch of soft shimmer, which is really pretty.
Beach Bronze is described as brown bronze and that is a pretty spot on description. This is my favorite shade in the collection because it really makes my brown eyes shimmer with bronzy goodness. This highly pigmented, shimmery shade is perfect for summer and would look beautiful with tanned, bronzed skin.
I purchased these shadows on the Bobbi Brown website, check them out here.



No comments:

Post a Comment