Monday, October 4, 2010

Chanel Mat Lumiere Foundation Review

As you all may have read in my other post about my foundation search, I am always searching for a new foundation that will blow my mind.  One that will give me flawless coverage, not break me out and last throughout the day. I have read so many great reviews about many of Chanel's foundation formulas that I decided to give it a whirl when I stopped by my local counter to check out the new Extrait de Gloss.  I sat down with the MA there and we discussed my skin type and what kind of coverage I was looking for.  She explained the different formulas to me and we decided to try on the Mat Lumiere and Pro Lumiere (both $54). After trying both formulas on my skin, I decided that I really liked the feel of the Mat Lumiere.  Pro Lumiere felt a little heavy and greasy on my skin and looked a little too dewy for my taste. So I went home with Mat Lumiere in the color Clair 20.

After applying it myself at home, I have to say that I really enjoy this foundation.  It has a soft matte finish with slight luminosity (not greasy) that is easy to apply and gives nice medium coverage.  It’s perfect for my combination/oily because it’s oil-free and contains silica powder to help with oil control. This formula seems pretty long lasting to me, I don’t find myself using my blot powder too often throughout the day.  Chanel Mat Lumiere has met my standards for a great foundation and has made its way to the top of my foundations list.
Chanel Mat Lumiere Clair 20

No comments:

Post a Comment