Friday, July 12, 2013

Revlon Lash Potion Mascara in Blackened Brown

Spellbinding Volume. Supernatural Length.
“Magically transform lashes to lush, long and lustrous. A potion with strengthening proteins drenches lashes for volume. Triple-groove wand combs through for clump-free length.”
On my search for waterproof mascara for the summer, I stumbled across Revlon’s Lash Potion ($7.99) at a current visit to Ulta.  First off, the packaging is super cute. I love the bright colors, it looks like a party!  I haven’t been to keen on most of Revlon’s mascaras. I tried the original Grow Luscious formula when it first came out and found it very, very dry and did nothing for my lashes.  I have found the opposite with this formula, it is very wet.  Sometimes when applying I seemed to get product on my lids because of the wetness of the formula.  Lash Potion seems to adhere to the lashes quite easily with the first coat is being clump-free, but after the second there is some clumpiness going on. Lash Potion is excellent for giving good, natural volume and the separation is pretty good.  I didn’t find much smudging or flaking at all as the day progressed.
The "Illusionist Wand" is made of traditional nylon bristles and the bristles are spaced out so that there are big gaps between them. Because the bristles are spaced so farther apart on this brush it allows you to easily coat your lashes. But I found that it was hard to get the inner corner lashes because the brush is larger and has longer bristles. Overall, I would have to say this mascara is just ok to me.  Nothing special and I wouldn’t purchase again.

No comments:

Post a Comment