Tuesday, July 23, 2013

M·A·C Illustrated Face Kit (Nordstrom Exclusive) in Brown Smoke

I love when the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale rolls around each year. They always released exclusive limited edition beauty products from multiple brands.  MAC always delivers a great exclusive collection for Nordstrom and this year was no different.  The theme for the collection is “Illustrated” and each set comes with specially designed packaging featuring exclusive illustrations from fashion designer Rebecca Moses.  I decided to pick up the Illustrated Face Kit ($49.50) in Brown Smoke because it contained a few MAC shades I don’t already have plus some LE shades.

The Kit includes:

- Powder Blush in Melba: a matte soft peach.
- Satin Eyeshadow in Orb: a soft peach.
- Veluxe Pearl Eyeshadow in All That Glitters: beige with gold pearl.
- Satin Eyeshadow in Smoked Sepia: a rich brown.
- Matte Eyeshadow in Showstopper: a dark brown.
- Cremesheen Lipstick in Ravishing: a light peachy coral.
- Satin Lipstick in Myth: a neutral nude.
- Duo brush with 275 SE Medium Angled Shading Brush and 316 SE Lip Brush

Out of the shades in the Brown Smoke kit, the only one I already own is All That Glitters, which is in one of my large MAC palettes. (I should do a post on those sometime in the future…) Overall this is a great neutral palette to create easy everyday looks. I love it and she myself using all the time! Plus I like the fact that there is a cover over the lip products to protect them from powder fallout. Along with this collection, Nordstrom’s website has several MAC face charts showcasing the new exclusive products.  Here is the one using this palette:
I was able to have early access to the Nordstrom’s exclusive because I have a Nordstrom Debit Card (you get points toward Nordstrom Notes and money comes direct from your checking account). I believe the exclusives will be available to everyone as of July 19th.

No comments:

Post a Comment