Thursday, June 20, 2013

My First Stitch Fix!!



I first heard of Stitch Fix through my sister Amanda.  We were sitting around the patio table at our parent’s house chatting it up and she happened to ask me if I had heard about this cool service that sends a personal clothing selection straight to your door.  She explained that a few of her friends had been trying it out and loved it.  So of course I was instantly intrigued by the whole conversation and went straight to the Stitch Fix website.

So what is Stitch Fix?  Well, the first thing you do when you sign up is fill out a style profile which is an extensive survey that let’s your stylist find out exactly what you like, what you don’t like, what colors you like/dislike, if your more dressy or casual, and you can even type in more specifics!  After you fill out the survey (be honest or you might get more things you dislike than like) your stylist put together 5 pieces of clothing/jewelry and/or accessories and ship them out to you. Quite fast I might add, it only took 2 days!  It’s a great way to add to your current wardrobe and get a hold of pieces that you might otherwise not have access to. 

Up front you pay what they call a styling fee, which is $20.  If you keep any of the items in your box, that $20 will be applied to your overall purchase. Pretty easy right??!! Also, if you decide that you like all 5 pieces in your box, they give you 25% off the entire purchase price.  Each piece varies in price and you have the option in your survey to tell the stylists your price point for each type of item.  Don’t like some things in your Stitch, just return any of the pieces they sent you in the prepaid envelope included in your box. 
 

My Stitch Fix box arrived yesterday, Wednesday. I was and still am really excited!

So let me show you what I got in my first fix:

  • Stationed Bead Strand Necklace $28
Basic gold strand necklace with taupish stones….will truly go with anything so that’s why I kept it.

  • July Printed Beaded Detail Dress by $58
I love the pattern of this dress and was really excited when I first saw it in the box but it looked shapeless on me and more like a beach cover up, so it went back.

  •  Kiara Front Pocket Cap Sleeve Top by Collective Concepts $58
I like the design of the shirt by not crazy about the design, it’s kind of plain and not      that exciting, it went back.

  • Fallon Belted Cotton Shorts by Sanctuary $58
Cute and I need some new white shorts but they were a tad small and the inseam was a bit short for my liking, sent back.

  • Wylie Leaf Print Cap Sleeve Top by Collective Concepts $58
Such a cute top and different from anything I have it my closet.  It’s a similar cut to the Kiara top but has a cool print and will go with jeans on the weekends and can be easily dressed up for work. Love it and kept it!


Another cool thing is that each article of clothing comes with a style suggestion tag.  It shows pics of that item and ways that you could wear it. I have included a pic of the card that was included with the Wylie top I decided to keep.  You get a casual option and then an option to dress up the item.
Overall, I was pretty impressed with the stylist’s picks for me and the service overall.  I think Stitch Fix is great since you get to try on the clothes at home, where you can really try it on and coordinate with items you already have.  I have scheduled my next fix for July and I’ll be sharing all my Fixes with you in the coming months.

Wanna get your fix? Click here (it’s my referral code!) to sign up to be one the wait-list right away!  It only took me a few days to be added to this awesome service. Check it out!!


No comments:

Post a Comment