Thursday, June 20, 2013

COVERGIRL Flamed Out Mascara in Black Blaze



One of the items I picked up on my Walgreens trip was COVERGIRL’S newest mascara called Flamed Out.  It goes for $7.49 at Walgreens plus I had a $2.00 coupon.  I have needed waterproof mascara for the summer because I much oilier and I always find that regular mascara runs when the weather is hot. 

CoverGirl says:
“Make a bold statement with winged lashes that curve up and out. The unique wire brush coats your lashes for an instant volume boost.”  This formula is designed to fire up the volume for a flamed out lash look with up to 3 times the volume.

Flamed Out comes with a wire bristles wand that has a large, hourglass shaped brush, which has become common for most curling mascaras. I found that since the brush is on the larger, stumpy side, I have some trouble applying to the inner corner lashes without getting some product on my lid.  The formula itself in on the drier side but that allows for it to set quickly, which I like.  I found that it didn’t clump much when applying and didn’t experience any flaking or smudging throughout the day.  As far as the look this mascara gives, I didn’t get any extra length or volume than I would from any other mascara. I got more of a natural everyday look with about 2 coats and I normally don’t go for more than that or the clumping starts.  So I would say this mascara is alright if you are looking for an everyday normal lash look, but I would pass on it you are wanting a dramatic result.

No comments:

Post a Comment