Monday, June 4, 2012

MAC Hey, Sailor Suntints

I only picked up a few items from the newly released Summer collection from MAC Cosmetics entitled Hey, Sailor. I wasn’t super impressed with this collection but I did want to get a few things, mainly because the packaging is too cute! I picked up two of the three Limited Edition Suntints Liquid Lip Balm ($16) that was released with this collection, Abalone and Au Rose.

 Abalone in the tube is a see-through hot pink with no shimmer. It has cool undertones and just barely gives my already pigmented lips a slight tint. Au Rose is a medium pink with subtle gold shimmer. It is much more pigmented that Abalone but still pretty sheer. I prefer this shade or Abalone just because it adds a touch more color to the lips and brightens them up a bit more.
Left: Abalone Right: Au Rose
This formula does add a lot of shine to the lips and I didn’t find the balm to be overly sticky. I think that it moisturizes pretty well and lasts a decent amount of time on the lips. They do contain an SPF 20 which is nice to have in a balm for the summer. Overall this is a nice product to take to the pool or beach to protect and hydrate your lips and get a touch of color.


No comments:

Post a Comment