Monday, June 11, 2012

June 2012 Birchbox

Yay, my second Birchbox was delivered on Friday and I was super excited to see what little goodies were inside.  This month's theme is Jet Set, devoted to products that will indulge your inner jetsetter.  So all the products are travel-friendly for your summer trips, where ever they may be.  Here is a run down of the products I received.

The first item is an Eyeko Fate Eye Stick in Old Gold.  Old Gold is a metallic gold with olive undertones.   Each one pairs dense, vibrant pigments with a retractable twist-up applicator. You can glide them on as a thick liner, or smudge them to create a shadow.  I have never tried the Eyeko brand before, I know that their mascara is really popular in the UK.  This color is ok, nothing super special. I haven't tried it on my eyes but swatched on my hand it's just ok.

The next item is Likewise Facial Moisturizer + Sun Protectant SPF 50 for Normal To Oily skin. This moisturizer with sunscreen is suppose to be great for break-out prone skin.  It's fragrance free and contains zinc oxide to protect against the sun and azelaic acid that acts as a toner to balance and calm blemishes.  I am excited to try out this product since I am prone to breakouts in the summer and I am always looking for a good moisturizer. 
theBalm Cosmetics Staniac in Beauty Queen is the next product I received. The gel formula looks dark in the tube but delivers a sheer tint that is easily blendable onto the cheeks. Beauty Queen is a magenta-toned pink that provides a nice natural flush for most skin tones. This stain is water based, so it doesn't set quite as fast as other stains do.  I have never been a fan of staining products but it will be fun to try one out. 

The last product in my Birchbox is Comodynes Self Tanning Intensive Towelettes for face and body. I received two of the single-use towelettes.  They promise to deliver a natural tan on the face and body that adjusts to your skin tone.  The formula is paraban-free and supposed to be moisturizing as well.  I haven't had a chance to try these out but every tan towel I have tried, I liked, so I hope this one will be a winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment