Friday, April 6, 2012

Edward Bess Platinum Concealer


I have read so many excellent reviews of Edward Bess Platinum Concealer ($38) I thought it was about time that I give it a try. I love all the rest of his products so I thought his concealer has got to be amazing as well. Sephora is running a 15% off promotion so I thought this was the perfect time to try it out since it is a little pricey for a concealer. Sephora’s website describes the formula as “A creamy, full-coverage concealer that leaves skin looking flawless. The rich, yet lightweight texture of this formula blends smoothly across your skin and conceals to perfection. Fade away discolorations and brighten dark under eye circles for the look of flawless, radiant skin. The sleek, twist-up case provides precise application with every use.”
I choose the color Ivory Nude, which is one of four available colors. It is described online as a light sand. Too me it seems pretty neutral, not too much yellow or pink.  It blends into my skin quite perfectly. I am pretty pale right now, so I think for the summer I might get the Soft Beige, which is suppose to suit most skintones.
Platinum concealer comes in a solid stick formula that is very soft, creamy and easy to blend. I like the sleek black packaging that Edward uses, very modern and chic. The formula gives excellent coverage and allows for easy blending. I have been using a small concealer brush to apply (ELF professional concealer brush – it’s the best and only cost $3 at Target!!) and then blending/patting out with my finger. I mainly have been using it on my under eye circles and have to say it covers them well. My dark circles have been much worse since having little baby Cooper, lots of sleep deprivation. It also got rid of the red on the side of my nose. Overall, I love this concealer and I have a feeling that it will last a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment