Thursday, April 7, 2011

Chanel Rouge Coco Shine Hydrating Sheer Lipshine

Chanel finally released their much anticipated new lip color, Rouge Coco Shine ($32), on April 6th  in the US.  All of the Chanel counters in my town (and I am sure everywhere else) were doing pre-sale for this launch. Of course, I wasn’t going to chance them selling out so pre-ordered a few shades that I had to have.  I have already done a review on the shade Boy that was limited release in February; you can check that out here. 
Top: Evasion     Bottom: Aventure
If you don’t know anything about the Rouge Coco Shine product it is a hydrating sheer lipshine that provides lightweight coverage and texture while moisturizing your lips.  They are available in a full range of shades from light beige to deep berry.  I picked up two of the lighter shades: Evasion and Aventure.  Both shades have fairly good pigmentation and a touch of shimmer and a whole lot of shine.  They also have a slight rose scent to them and a balm-like consistency.
Evasion
Evasion is a fresh, delicate peachy pink that really brightens up my natural lip color.  Definitely a perfect color for Spring/Summer and would suit all skin colors.
Aventure
Aventure is a medium bright pink with soft gold shimmer.  In the tube it doesn’t look super bright but when applied you get a real pop of bright pink on your lips, which I wasn’t expecting but really liked.  This will be an awesome color paired with bronze and gold shadows in the summer. 
L to R: Evasion, Aventure
Overall, love this product, love the formula, love the colors and will probably pick up more in the coming weeks.  I will definitely share my thoughts on other shades when I purchase them.

P.S - Compared to Boy, Aventure is a much brighter pink.  I just compared the two and was amazing how much brighter Aventure is, especially on the lips.


1 comment: