Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Benefit B.Right Skincare sampler

Being a Sephora VIB (Very Important Beauty Insider) you get various special offers via email. Last week I received a VIB email for a free Benefit B.Right skincare sampler with a $35 purchase and since I had heard a lot of buzz around this new line, I though this was a great time to try it out. The sampler came with three of the main products in the line: Foamingly Clean Facial Wash, Triple Performing Facial Emulsion and It’s Potent! Eye Cream. All three products are mini sized but in the same cute packaging as the full size. Here is a little bit of info on each product.
The Foamingly Clean Facial Wash is a gentle foaming wash that claims to remove makeup and impurities with a soft lather. It’s good for all skin types and shouldn’t leave your skin dried out. After trying it out, I found that it does clean and remove makeup well and has a lovely scent.  My skin wasn't dry or still oily, just perfect feeling.  I also haven't broken out with this cleanser yet either.
Triple Performing Facial Emulsion is the main moisturizer in the collection. There is another moisturizer, Total Moisture, but I believe it is thicker and more suitable for normal to dry skin types. Triple Performing is suitable for all skin types but is oil-free with an SPF 15++. Its super lightweight and contains a “tri-radiance complex” to help develop the skins reserves of water. Overall I really like this moisturizer. Its super lightweight and absorbs into my skin quickly without being greasy at all.
It’s Potent! Eye Cream is a powerful eye cream that is suppose to brighten, fade dark circles and contains a “peptide complex” to restore elasticity and firmness to the skin around the eyes. When I heard the name It’s Potent, I thought this would be a thick, heavy eye cream but I was surprised that it was actually the opposite. It’s lightweight and non-greasy and absorbs quickly. I have only been using this for a few days so I haven’t really seen any change in my circles or fine lines, but I will get back to you all if I see a major change in the coming weeks.
Overall, this is a nice general line of skincare. Benefit doesn’t get to specific with these products; they all seem to be for all skin types. Maybe in the future they will branch out to products for specific skin types (oily, dry, acne, etc.). Even if you are not a VIB at Sephora you can still purchase this sampler for a limited time on Benefits website for $12. So check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment