Sunday, November 28, 2010

MAC A Tartan Tale: Hark the Heraldry Face Kit

I picked up this kit up after taking a second glance over the MAC Holiday collection. I hadn’t really paid much attention to it the first time around but I when I saw it the other day when I was at my local counter, I decided that I just had to have it. The colors in these kits are none that I really have in my collection so it was a perfect purchase for me. When it comes to blush, I normally stay in the peach/peachy pink/bronze zone. The Hark the Heraldry kit offers cool tones in the two blushes and beauty powder it includes. Here is a breakdown of the colors in the kit…
Left to Right: Oh So Fair, Dame, Plum Foolery
Oh So Fair is a beauty powder that was most recently released with the Disney Venomous Villains collection. It’s a soft pink with very subtle sheen, no shimmer. The beauty powder formula is very sheer and is suppose to give a subtle glow to the skin.
Oh So Fair Beauty Powder
Dame is a blue toned medium pink with no shimmer. It is a sheerer blush and the color can be built up to be very bright. This is a permanent MAC blush shade.
Plum Foolery is a sheertone shimmer blush that gives a beautiful rosy plum glow. I don’t have anything really like this shade, so I am excited to try it. I think this color would work very well on all skin tones.
L to R: Dame, Plum Foolery
Overall, this is a great palette to have or to give as a holiday gift. Definitely recommend!

No comments:

Post a Comment