Thursday, October 14, 2010

NARS Pure Matte Lipstick in Bangkok

Pure Matte ($25) is the newly released lipstick formula from NARS Cosmetics. This product was first sold exclusively at Saks Fifth Avenue but just recently it has popped up at Sephora and other retailers.  Pure Matte comes in six shades ranging from nude to deep plum and promises to give a matte look without drying our your lips. The lipstick contains vitamin E, acai oil and mango butter to condition your lips. There has been quite a buzz about these lipsticks, so I had to give one a try. I decided on Bangkok, a soft rose.

The product comes in the slim stick packaging just like the earlier released Pure Sheer SPF Lip Treatment.  It applies very creamy and is nicely pigmented. I found that it has a decent staying power; it lasts about 2-3 hours on me.  The formula seems to be more of a soft matte compared to other matte lipsticks that can be very drying and harsh in color. Bangkok has just a slight amount of shimmer/sheen to it that makes the color look softer when applied.  Overall, I am impressed with this product and would like to see if NARS will expand the color range in the future.

1 comment:

  1. Great review. I have just bought Bangkok as well, and am trying to make it work on my super dry lips. It's a gorgeous colour.

    my beauty blog

    ReplyDelete