Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Chanel Les 4 Ombres Holiday 2010 – Tentation Cuivree

I popped by my local Chanel counter the other day and oh to my surprise the Holiday 2010 collection was displayed! I have been drooling over the eyeshadow quad in the collection since I saw swatches of it over on The Beauty Look Book. I picked up a few other items from the collection but I have to say my favorite is the Les 4 Ombres Quadra Eyeshadow in Tentation Cuivree ($56).
First things first, this quad and the whole holiday collection is limited edition, so run out and get it while you can. The quad is very neutral with a warm brown smoky feel. The colors consists of a medium warm brown with flecks of silver and bronze shimmer, a soft off white shimmer, a shimmery light pink and a dark warm brown with deep coppery bronze shimmer.
With this holiday collection, Chanel introduced the overseas version of their quad which has round pans instead of the normal square ones used in the U.S.  In this form the shadows take on a “baked” look rather than the normal soft smooth texture of all other Chanel quads. I have read mixed reviews about this palette because of the change in pans but I really like it.  It’s a nice change from all the other Chanel quads I own.  All of Chanel’s eyeshadow quads can be used wet or dry but I found that this quad looks best over an eye primer or used wet. Both ways really bring the colors out more but I only swatched these over a primer for you all to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment