Monday, September 20, 2010

Tom Ford Private Blend Lip Color: Pink Dusk

I have been debating for some time now whether or not to purchase any of the lip colors from the Tom Ford Beauty line.  The line consists of 12 lip colors ranging from nude to deep purple.  The though of purchasing a lip color sight unseen for $45 dollars weighed heavily in my mind.  Luckily I have read and seen various reviews online on how amazing this lip colors are, I had to have at least one.




First, we must talk about the gorgeous packaging of this product.  The tube is white lacquer with gold trim and looks very expensive and chic. Each lipstick has the initials TF imprinted in them which is a cool touch.  Pink Dusk is the color that I finally decided on after debating between that color and Blush Nude.  Pink Dusk is a neutral cream pink that is very pigmented.  The formula is very creamy and smooth, with a vanilla scent. Other bloggers have compared the Private Blend lip color to YSL Rouge Volupt and I totally agree. I like the cream finish it gives you when applied but I also like to add a little Bobbi Brown Crystal lip gloss to give it some shine.  Overall I really I quite happy with this product and the only bad thing I would say is that the color selection is very limited. Hopefully more colors will be launched in the future.

Pink Dusk

No comments:

Post a Comment