Wednesday, August 18, 2010

My Bronzers

I have always had a strong affection for bronzers. I have always been on the search for the perfect one or ones I should say. I get a moderately good tan in the summer but in the winter I lose all color I had. I am trying to stay away from the tanning bed considering how awful it is for your skin. So I have turned to self tanning at home. (Review to come on my new self tanners I recently purchased.) When it comes to bronzers I want to achieve that beautiful warm glow that you would get from being on vacation. I definitely stay away from anything too orange or too brown. I am cool with shimmer as long as it is not overboard. Here is a list of some of my current bronzer favorites!













Bobbi Brown Illuminating Bronzer in Bahama ($33) is my go to bronzer when I am really tan. It is describe as a deep golden bronze and that is exactly what you get. This color would really be more suited for medium to tan skin than my light to medium, but it works nicely when I do have a lot of color. It's very pigmented but blendable, so you can make it very light on the skin.



Bobbi Brown Illuminating Bronzer in Bahama

Guerlain Terracotta bronzer ($47) has been a cult favorite for years when it comes to bronzing. The Terracotta line is known for creating the perfect bronze look. I own Terracotta 01 bronzing powder which is a soft matte bronze with subtle sheen. This color is usually my go to in the winter when I have less color. It’s goes on lightly but can be layered for more intensity.

Guerlain Terracotta 01 Bronzer


Chanel Soliel Tan de Chanel 4 Facettes is a limited edition bronzer ($65) from the Summer 2009 collection. It is amazing! The four colors blend together to create a soft shimmery peach bronze that looks heavenly on your skin. It’s definitely not overly shimmer, just a perfect amount. What I also like about this bronzer is that it can double as a highlighter using the two lightest shades. Chanel always comes up with an incredible bronzer for their summer collection and this is by far my favorite.

Chanel Soliel Tan de Chanel 4 Facettes Bronzer

MAC Blush Ombre in Springshine ($25) is a limited edition from the 2010 Spring Forecast collection. This was released as a blush but to me it definitely seems more like a bronzer. Springshine has a gradient that fades from one lighter color to the next which is a soft bronze. Swirled together you get a nice peachy bronze effect. It has a soft texture with subtle shimmer and blends wonderfully.

MAC Springshine Blush Ombre


MAC To the Beach Cream Bronzer in Beach Bronze ($25) is the first cream bronzer I have ever owned. I have just recently within the past year gotten into using cream blushers. So when I saw that MAC was releasing a cream bronzer I had to give it a try. I am glad I did because it is great! Beach Bronze is a beautiful sheer warm tan with shimmer. When applied it is lightweight and non-greasy. It leaves you with a warm shimmery glow that lasts all day. Beach Bronze is perfect for light to medium skin tones. However, darker skin tones may find this too light for them. For my first cream bronzer, I was quite happy with this purchase.

MAC Beach Bronze cream bronzer


Left to Right: BB Bahama, Guerlain Terracotta 01, Chanel, MAC Springshine & MAC Beach Bronze


No comments:

Post a Comment