Sunday, August 15, 2010

Edward Bess Haul & Review

I had been hearing a lot of buzz around other beauty blogs about Edward Bess Cosmetics. Everyone has been saying how amazing his line is, so I had to check it out for myself. Edward Bess' line in stores is exclusively sold at Bergdorf Goodman but his products are available on his website EdwardBess.com. His line started out with lipsticks and glosses, but now it has expanded to eye shadows, bronzers, compact rouges, highlighters, etc. Here is what I purchased....


Pure Impulse Ultra Slick Lipstick
I picked up two lip products, Ultra Slick lipstick in Pure Impulse ($32) and Deep Shine Lip gloss is Soft Whisper ($30). Both products are a warm peach nude color with a creamy finish. Together they are the perfect warm nude lip, which is perfect for me because I have very pigmented lips. Most light nude colors look awful on me, so this combo has made me very happy. Each product has a slight figgy smell to it and is not overpowering at all.


Deep Shine Lip Gloss Soft Whisper


L to R: Soft Whisper, Pure Impulse


I also purchased three of Edward's Ultra Luminous Eye shadows ($30) in Intimate (a golden khaki), Mystery (chocolate brown shimmer) and Dusk (green gun metally gray).

Intimate eyeshadow

Mystery Eyeshadow

Dusk

All of the shadow are finely milled and super smooth going on. Intimate and Mystery are great for a neutral day look. Dusk is a beautiful color to use for a soft smokey eye. Although Dusk was said to be gun metal gray, it definitely has a tinge of green in it, which was a pleasant surprise. That made the color different than other gray shadows I have.
I was so impressed with my first Edward Bess order, I have already placed my second. Coming soon in an upcoming review, Luminous Bronzer in Daydream, Ultra Slick lipstick in Secret Desire and Deep Shine Lip gloss in Desert Glow. I have also heard that Edward will be releasing some new shades and products in September, so I can't wait to see what those will be. Bye for now!

2 comments:

  1. The Soft Whisper and Pure Impulse together and separately are beyond chic and the eyeshadows are subtle and luxurious. There is nothing out there that compares to this line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree with you Robin! I just ordered more lipsticks and glosses today.

    ReplyDelete