Thursday, August 12, 2010

Burberry Beauty Haul and Review

I was super excited when I heard that Burberry would be coming out with a beauty line. Promo images of the products where beautiful, so as soon as they were available, I jumped at the chance to purchase some items to try. The line can be found on Burberry.com and Nordstrom.com. When looking at all the shades available in both eyeshadows and lip products, I was overwelmed with delight. So many to choose from, what was I to do. Since I am a normally a neutrals girl, I decide to try a few of the neutral lip glosses, which they call "lip glow" and one lipstick or "lip cover". Here is what I decided on.

I purchased Burberry's Satin Finish Lip Cover in Cameo #02 ($30). It's a nude peachy beige with a very soft sheen. The color goes on very pigmented and really smooth. I love the soft fragrant smell it has, very feminine. Overall, I am very impressed with the packaging and product. Very classic and elegant.
The two "Lip Glow's" I purchased where Cameo Pink #7 and Rosewood #1 ($27). Both are absolute winners for me. Cameo Pink is a beautiful shimmering pinky peach which goes gorgeously over the Cameo Lip Cover as well as by itself. Rosewood is the perfect warm pinky brown that you can just put on whenever and look stunning. Its very wearable and a must have in your purse for on the go. They both have a lovely soft texture and smell wonderful too!
Top: Cameo Pink Bottom: Rosewood


L to R: Cameo Lip Cover, Cameo Pink Lip Glow, Rosewood Lip Glow
When it comes to the eyeshadows in the Burberry collection, they are all about the neutrals. The majority of the colors range from creamy beiges and browns. I decide to try out a few of the deeper colors that seemed alittle more fall to me. I purchased Rosewood #09 & Pearl Grey #17 ($29)


Rosewood

Pearl Gray

Left to Right: Rosewood, Pearl Grey
Both shadows are very soft in texture and have a shimmer finish to them. The colors glide on very smoothly to the skin and are not overly pigmented, but can be when layered. Rosewood is a beautiful brown shimmer with a hint of rosy color. Although Pearl Grey looks very blue in this picture, its really a soft light grey with a hint of blue. It's the perfect color for a soft smokey eye.
Overall, I am very pleased with my Burberry purchases. The colors and packaging are very luxe and are a great addition to my makeup collection. I have a few more products I would love to try out like the Warm Glow bronzer, Light Glow Blush and Sheer Luminous Foundation. So stay tuned for more Burberry goodness to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment