Friday, July 12, 2013

July 2013 Stitch Fix #2


My second Stitch Fix box arrived yesterday and I was and still am really excited again! When I opened up the box and saw the different colors and patterns I was pumped to see what was in store.
So let me show you what I got this time around:
  • Color block Layered Necklace $38 by 41Hawthorn
I was kinds bummed to get another long necklace in this fix since I got one in my last fix.  This necklace is cute (I love the green and gold combo) but not necessarily my style. I am more basic when it comes to jewelry so this was a no.
  • Zandra Chevron Print Dress by Sugarlips $58
I love the pattern of this dress (chevron is my obsession right now) and the teal color but unfortunately it didn’t fit up top and was a bit long waisted and I am shirtwaist so it didn’t work out. Oh well L 
  • Annalise Striped Racerback Tank by Everly $48
Another item that I was excited about when I saw it in the box but on it was a disappointment.  I love the racerback, the stripes and the concept of the top but it was super blousy in front and made me look pregnant! Not so flattering, so it went back.
  • Daryn Weave Print Jersey Top by Tart $68
I was on the fence about this top. I love the weave pattern and the jersey material. It fit perfectly and would go with a lot that I have on my closet. The one thing I couldn’t get over was the back scoop neck (not my thing) and the price was a little steep for a jersey top, so I de

And now the keeper of this Stitch Fix……
  • Mila Printed Sleeveless Dress by Tulle $58 (ended up only being $38 with $20 Styling Credit)
When I first held this dress up out of the box I was super impressed with the shape or the style but once I tried it on, I was sold.  It fits superbly and will be perfect for work or casual wear.  I will try to get a pic of me wearing it once I get a full size mirror (some how my other mirror didn’t make it in the move??). I have also included a picture of the dress from the Tulle website. It gives a better picture of how the dress fits.
Again, another cool thing is that each article of clothing comes with a style suggestion tag.  It shows pics of that article of clothing and ways that you could wear it. I have included a pic of the card that was included with the Tulle dress I decided to keep.  You get a casual option and then an option to dress up the item.
I was happy with the things I was sent but unhappy by the way they fit but you can’t win them all.  I still think Stitch Fix is great since you get to try on the clothes at home, where you can really try it on and coordinate with items you already have.  I have already scheduled my next fix, so until next time…..bye bye! And remember, If you want to get your FIX on, Click here (it’s my referral code!) to sign up to be one the wait-list right away!  It only took me a few days to be added to this awesome service. Check it out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment