Friday, June 21, 2013

RIMMEL London Show Off Lip Lacquers


I have been a fan of Rimmel Stay Glossy Lipgloss for a long time now.  They are affordable and come in colors that are basic and easy to throw on anytime/anywhere.  So I was excited to see Rimmel London Show Off Lip Lacquers in my local Walgreens and was intrigued to try them out.   Originally released overseas as Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquers, they are finally available in the US. You can find these now in stores for $4.99 each in 14 different shades.  I picked up 3 shades:

200 Comet – Rosy Brown, deep nude
101 Celestial – True Pink that brightens up any pout
100 Nude Eclipse – Nude Beige

All three shades are crazy pigmented, long-wearing and not sticky. Only one swipe is needed to get full opaque coverage. I have been mixing them to create different shades as well, mainly using Nude Eclipse as a mixer to lighten up the other two shades.  It works perfectly.
Top to Bottom: Comet, Celestial, Nude Eclipse

Show Off’’s are described by Rimmel as, “Intense rich colour of a lipstick, enhanced by a satin smooth shine.” Basically what they are trying to say is that these are a lipstick/lip gloss hybrid. The finish is shiny, like a gloss and creamy like a lipstick.  Sometimes long-wearing formulas can be drying but I didn’t find that with this product.  I found the staying power to be pretty good for a gloss formula; it almost leaves a little stain behind once the gloss has worn off. The texture is a bit on the thick side but it feels smooth and creamy on the lips.  Show Off’’s come with a doe foot applicator with a little dip in it making it easier to swipe on an even application.  One thing I wasn’t crazy about was the scent of this product. It has sort of a watermelon scent that kind of bugs me. I basically dislike anything that smells like that cheap watermelon scent (Bubble Yum gum is the worst!!).  This scent doesn’t seem to hang around too long to bother me too much though.  Overall, another great lip product from Rimmel. If you are looking for a highly pigmented version of Stay Glossy, Show Off’s is exactly what you need!

No comments:

Post a Comment