Friday, March 22, 2013

Clé de Peau Beauté SS 2013 La Beaute Mediterranee Collection Eye Quad in Sapphire 209

“For the Spring/Summer 2013, Lucia Pieroni, Makeup Creative Director for Clé de Peau Beauté, has created a collection inspired by the allure and sublime beauty of the Mediterranean; with its sun-drenched summers, shimmering seas, cloudless skies, and earth-baked landscapes.”

The first item that I picked from the collection was the Eye Color Quad in 209 Sapphire. Oh my goodness, this is a beautiful combo of colors; perfect for spring & summer.  This is my first eye quad from Clé de Peau and I must say it’s stunning and I am so excited about it.  The palette contains a warm gold, sparkling light copper, sapphire blue and a metallic ivory. The sapphire blue adds the perfect pop of color to the eye and complements the other shades. Mostly I have been wearing it along the lash line.  The texture of the shadows is super soft, silky and smooth; very finely milled. Clé de Peau Beauté eyeshadows contain Argan Tree Oil that is suppose to provide smooth application and wear. They also contain the exclusive advanced moisturizing ingredient Hydro-Wrap Complex.  Every shade has great pigmentation and gives off a soft, sophisticated shimmer. There is a slight overspray of the Clé de Peau logo on the eyeshadows, but it rubs off after the first use and doesn’t offer any color payoff during application. 
Here is my go to look with this palette: I have been using the largest shade in the palette (the warm gold) all over the lid, then the copper in the crease and outer lid. I highlight the brow bone and inner tear duct with the ivory, then use black eyeliner (Bobbi Brown Caviar Pencil) and place the sapphire over top the black to create a pop of gorgeousness. Then finish of the look with a fabulous mascara!
Overall, I think this might be my go to palette for spring/summer this year.  It’s a very sophisticated take on shimmering neutrals with a pop of color.  You can purchase the palette as a refill ($55) for the casing ($25) that is sold separately. That way you can pop different palettes out when you want. Since this is my first Clé de Peau quad, I purchased the casing but probably just get the refills down the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment