Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Clé de Peau Beauté Concealer in Ivory

“Enhanced with Revitalizing Moisture Complex to lock in moisture and smooth out texture. Blends sublimely to expertly conceal dark circles, spots and imperfections. High performance powders ensure flawless skin in any light, providing maximum coverage with a smooth, even finish that does not crease.”
A perennial makeup artist favorite, Clé de Peau Beauté Concealer is highly editorialized and continues to win major awards year-after-year.  I finally broke down and decided to try this cult favorite concealer.  The concealer comes in stick form, in a very sturdy metal casing. I rarely apply stick concealer straight from the tube onto my face unless I am using it to cover multiple areas of my face.  I normally use my finger or a brush (try the e.l.f. concealer brush, amazing and only$1 at Target) to pick up product and apply.
Ok, now on to the actual product. Clé de Peau Beauté Concealer retails for $70 (whoa but kind of worth it) and comes in 4 shades; Ivory, Ocher, Beige & Honey.  You would think that since this product has become so popular among makeup artist that they would have a wider color range but unfortunately they don’t.  I choose Ivory since it is the lightest and closest to my skin tone.  I have to say that this concealer definitely lives up to the hype. It is one of the best I have tried in a long time.   This is truly one of the smoothest concealers I have ever used and it just blends seamlessly into my skin.  The pigmentation of this product is insane!! Definitely a full coverage concealer that doesn't move or slip about once applied (not oily or drying; just the perfect consistency).  It stays put and lasts all day once set with a little face powder.  I have been using this daily to cover blemishes and dark spots, also use over my Bobbi Brown correctors to conceal dark circles.
I am a lot more impressed by this concealer than I thought I would be.   For me, it is totally worth the expensive price tag.  I am kind of obsessed when it comes to covering spots and imperfections and this product really gives me the perfect complexion I desire!

No comments:

Post a Comment