Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Broad Spectrum SPF 15 Foundation & Airbrush Finish Bamboo Foundation Brush

Tarte describes their Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage foundation as a “long-wearing, skin-perfecting full coverage foundation with UVA/UVB SPF 15 infused with Amazonian clay for better, longer, truer wear.”  The formula is powered by Amazonian clay which is a “nutrient-rich, multitasking and total-skin balancing clay reduces dryness and flakiness, improves skin clarity, elasticity, firmness, and texture while removing oil from the skin's surface for smooth application and wear.  I decided to try out the shade fair but will probably need to switch to light in the summer months.
For being a full coverage, this foundation was surprisingly light-weight; it felt like nothing once applied to my skin. I’d say it provides light to medium coverage that can be built up for a more coverage where needed (t-zone).  After a few hours of wear, this formula didn’t make my combination skin look too shiny or oily at all. As time wore on (about 8 hours of wear) I was a bit shinier, but nowhere near as oily as I usually get with other foundations. I found that this foundation wore great all day (about 10 hours), without needing any major touch ups.

The Journey to Natural Beauty kit comes with the Buffer Airbrush Bamboo Foundation brush to apply the Amazonian Clay foundation. It is a densely packed yet fluffy large brush with super soft bristles, it normally retails for $32. I have never used such a large brush to apply foundation before (I was a little intimidated by it...), but I must say it does a fantastic job of applying and buffing the product into the skin. The brush manages to blend out edges and gives a smooth coverage, a semi-matte airbrushed finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment