Monday, February 11, 2013

MAC Archie’s Girls Collection…I’m a Betty!


 Due to some unforeseen circumstances (Oh life with kids…), I was unable to make it to my MAC Archie’s Girl appointment at my local MAC counter.  But I was able to stop by and pick up a few things before they sold out. Overall, sadly, I wasn’t too impressed with the collection.  The colors just didn’t really wow me. All the Veronica colors were too cool or bold and some of the Betty colors were just too bright for my taste. Here is a review of what I did purchase, check it out!

Betty Lipglass in Summer Sweetheart $16.50

MAC Summer Sweetheart Lipglass is described as a light peach which is a pretty spot on description. It has a milky peach, creamy consistency and look.  Its looks great on its own (semi-opaque, natural lip comes through) and over top lipstick as well.  Love this color, it’s basic and pretty!

Betty Opulash Optimum Black $17.50
One of my local MAC artists has been trying to get me to try out the Opulash mascara because I always comment on her lashes and it’s the formula she wears. My False Lashes is about to expire so I thought what the hey, I’ll try it out (the cute packaging is a plus).  Opulash delivers even color to every little lash with its large, full applicator brush (LOVE!!). The formula adds both length, volume, separates and is buildable without getting clumpy or making lashes look stiff.  It reminds me a lot of Plushlash, which use to be my favorite MAC mascara for years.  The Optimum Black is a super intense black color, more saturated than the regular Opulash. Overall, love this mascara and it might be my new fav!
Pearlmatte Face Powder in Flatter Me $30.00
MAC Pearlmatte Face Powder combines pearlized and satin shades to achieve an array of looks. I can be used for highlighting and blush effects or as an Eye Shadow with a velvet-smooth finish. Flatter Me is the Betty Pearlmatte Powder of the collection and is described as a “golden peach base with coral hearts.” The main color is a warm peach with a soft, frost finish and the hearts are a medium pinky-coral with a subtle golden sheen. When combined the shade of the colors provides a soft peachy sheen to the cheeks and is certainly buildable in color.  The texture is buttery soft and finely milled. On the skin and blended out, it doesn’t look powdery, and the finish is a soft shimmer-sheen so it doesn’t emphasize the skin’s texture or pores.

swatches


No comments:

Post a Comment