Friday, June 29, 2012

Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation


I am always down to trying new foundation, especially one that has gotten rave reviews. So when I picked up a couple items from Illamasqua, I thought I would give their newly released Skin Base Foundation ($42) a try. Illamasqua describes this foundation as follows: “Inspired by the cult Asian market Beauty Balm creams, Skin Base Foundation is a brand new, refined formula unlike anything on the UK market. Easily blendable, it effortlessly creates a perfect complexion, and like the entire Illamasqua foundation range, is undetectable in a professional HD environment. Suitable for all skin types, it smoothes, softens and conditions your skin whilst providing natural, buildable coverage.” This foundation is cruelty free and comes in a large range of shades, Sephora offers 17 shades and Illamasqua’s website offers all 26 shades.
I was super excited to try out this foundation. I have seen it used by Sam & Nic of Pixiwoo in several of their videos and it always looked great on their skin, pretty flawless. I was matched to 6.5 which is described as light with yellow undertones. It comes in a squeeze tube similar to what most tinted moisturizer and BB creams come in. This is nice because it is easy to control how much product you need. The formula is thick but extremely blendable and smooth. I have been using my Real Techniques Expert Face brush (review coming soon) to apply and it helps to really buff the product into the skin. Skin Base is also highly pigmented so you don’t need much of it to do the whole face. Applied, the finish is a bit dewy but that can be toned down with a little pressed powder. I’d say that this foundation gives medium coverage but can definitely be built up to full coverage because of the high pigmentation. I also liked that the product lasted for the whole day on me and looked natural and really evened out my skin tone. Overall I am glad that I gave this foundation a try, it’s great for everyday and gives a flawless finish. Definitely go check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment