Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Hourglass Illusion Tinted Moisturizer

I visited my local Sephora a few weeks ago in search of a new foundation for summer.  I have been using Chanel Perfection Lumiere for awhile now and love it, but I wanted something a little lighter for the summer.  So I went in looking for a tinted moisturizer.  SO I walked around a bit and stumbled across the brand Hourglass and their tinted moisturizer called Illusion ($55).  I asked the sales associate working at the time about this product and she raved about it, so of course I had to try it out.  She made me a sample and off I went to give a good at home.

Hourglass describes Illusion Tinted Moisturizer as “the perfect alternative to liquid foundation, Illusion is an advanced SPF 15 tinted moisturizer formulated with INSTALIFT® at 3% and Hydraluronic Filling Spheres at 3% to deliver a more radiant and youthful complexion.”  It is oil, fragrance, paraben, gluten, sulfate free and vegan.  It is also suppose to be water-resistant.  It comes in 6 shades, I was matched to Ivory. 
After trying this product out for a few days, I decided that I really like it and went back and purchased it.  Illusion is much thicker than your average tinted moisturizer; it almost has the coverage and texture of a light cream foundation.  It’s very lightweight, I hardly feel like I have anything on, and wears beautifully, no need for touch ups as often.  The coverage is quite natural and evens out my skin tone pretty well.   When my skin is clear of breakouts, I find I don’t need to wear much concealer, which is always nice. Overall, I think I found my foundation for the summer! Mission accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment