Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Small Paul & Joe Beaute Haul

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I never really had much interest in Paul & Joe Beaute.  I peeked at it from time to time and read review on various blogs, but nothing really jumped out at me.  Well after getting the lipstick C in Clair de Lune from the Autumn collection, I decided to try some other products.  After browsing on beautyhabit.com, this is what I decided to purchase…..





The first product I purchased is a lipstick S in the color Caravan ($22) from the Summer 2010 Sahara collection.  First of all the packaging for this limited edition lipstick is so pretty.  It’s a light turquoise plastic tube with a floral fan print that definitely reminds me of a posh desert oasis.  Caravan is a sheer bright shimmery pink with a hint of gold sparkle.  The lip color feels very smooth and light on my lips and gives a nice shimmery sheen.  It’s a perfect lip color to give you a sheer bright pink pout.




Next, I decided to try one of Paul & Joe’s single eye shadows which they call eye color G ($20).  The color I picked was Nugget 001, which I believe may be discontinued. Beautyhabit’s website described Nugget as a “gold infused fawn shimmer” but I don’t get much fawn out of it.  To me it is a light golden bronze shimmer and when applied to my lids takes on a coppery tone.  It’s nicely pigmented and not overly shimmery or frosty.  The texture is soft and blends nicely. I will definitely purchase more shadows in the future.





The last product I bought was Face Color is Canyon ($24). Each face color comes with two colors that are in crescent moon shapes that allow you to mix the colors or use separately.  The left side of Canyon is a light shimmery peach highlight color and the right side is a bright pink blush with a soft sheen. Mixed together you get a bright peachy pink with subtle shimmer which looks beautiful on your cheeks.  This blush is very soft in texture and is not overly pigmented. I am quite surprised at how long the face color lasts on the cheeks. I didn’t feel like I needed to touch it up as I have to do  with other blushes.




Overall I am very pleased with my Paul & Joe purchase. I will most definitely be purchasing more of their products in the future, plus I just found out that a boutique in my town carries the line! Yeah!! Talk to you all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment