Friday, September 24, 2010

Foundation Search

 As I mentioned in my earlier post on my foundations, I had gone to Sephora and picked up three samples of foundations that I wanted to try.  I got samples of NARS Sheer Glow, Make Up Forever HD and YSL Teint Resist. Here are my thoughts after trying all three…..

Out of all three foundations I tried, I would say my favorite is the YSL Teint Resist ($55).  The color I was matched to was #4 Sand which is for light to medium neutral beige complexions.  This is an oil-free foundation with a spf 10 that claims to smooth out your complexion and absorb excess oil.  First, I noticed that this foundation has a nice clean smell. Some foundations I can’t use because they smell awful.  Teint Resist applies nicely with a foundation brush and provides a light coverage although it can be layered to create heavier coverage if needed.  It found that this foundation wears very well and doesn’t feel tight on my skin like some oil-free foundations can.   I didn’t need to touch up with Blot powder hardly at all through out the day, which is always nice because I can get pretty oily.  All in all, I am pretty impressed with this foundation and might possibly be purchasing a bottle in the near future.


Next, I tried the Make Up Forever HD Invisible Cover Foundation ($45) in the color #120 which is a soft sand color for medium light complexions with yellow undertones.  I have read so many reviews were people have raved about this foundation so I finally gave it a go.   This is also an oil-free foundation that offers medium to full coverage and give you a flawless finish.  Swatches of all the shades available can be found on KarlaSugar’s blog here.


The last foundation that I tried was NARS Sheer Glow ($42) in Fiji (light#5).  Once again, I had read and seen amazing reviews about this foundation.  I was a little hesitant because it was not oil-free, which is not always good for my skin.  This foundation offers a satin finish that gives you lightweight coverage and glowing skin.  When I first applied this foundation it seemed light and non-greasy. It gave a nice coverage and did give my skin a subtle glow.  After time though, my skin became greasy looking and felt greasy, which led to endless blotting sessions.  I really do wish I could use this foundation because I like the coverage I get with it but my skin will not deal with it not being oil-free.  If you have normal to dry skin, you should definitely give NARS Sheer Glow a try. Swatches by KarlaSugar here.



No comments:

Post a Comment