Thursday, September 9, 2010

Favorites: Cream Blushes

I have always been a powder blush kinda girl. Having combo/oily skin, I never really had an interest in trying cream blushes because I thought they would be greasy on me. That all changed when my local MAC artist used one of their cream blushes on me during a run through for my wedding. I never realized how long lasting and dewy looking cream blushes could be and from then on I was hooked. Since then, I have accumulated a few cream blushes that I really love and use all the time. Here are my favorites….

NARS Penny Lane, MAC Ladyblush, Jouer Petal, MUFE HD Quickie


MAC Ladyblush blushcreme ($18.50) was the first cream blush that I ever purchased and I love it. MAC blushcreme’s are very pigmented, so a little goes a long way. Ladyblush is a beautiful cool pink with a cream finish, no shimmer here. It leaves a rosy, healthy glow when applied on the apples of the cheek. I either use my fingers or my handy MAC 109 brush to apply.
 
 

MAC Ladyblush
 
Jouer cosmetics is a brand that I first read about in various fashion & beauty magazines. I purchased a few of their products a couple years back and have loved mostly everything I have gotten. One of the standout products for me is Jouer’s Cheek & Lip Tint ($20) in the color Petal. Petal is a soft rose pink with a soft shimmer finish. It’s almost not even a shimmer but a sheen. The formula isn’t super pigmented so you don’t need to worry about using too much and it’s very blendable. I keep this in my handbag for on the go cheek/lip touch ups! If you have a chance you should check out Jouer’s website for all their great products. (www.jouercosmetics.com)



Jouer Petal Tint


I received a deluxe sample at Sephora of Makeup Forever HD Microfinish blush in #6 Quickie. MUFE released this new blush formula. This is a cream formula that comes in a pump form. Quickie is a salmon coraly pink that is super pigmented with a cream finish. One thing about this packaging is that you need to be careful and not pump out too much product. Since it is so pigmented you only need half of a pump. I have swatched it unblended and blended. This color is a little bright, but once it is blended, you get a nice peachy pink flush that lasts and lasts.
 
 
MUFE HD Blush in Quickie - Left swatch Blended out
 

The last of my favorite cream blushes is from NARS in the color Penny Lane ($26). This is a cream to powder blush with a sheer cream finish. Penny Lane is a soft nude pink color that is perfect for my NC25 skin. I love using this color when I do a strong smokey eye because it gives the perfect pinky nude color to the cheeks that doesn’t compete with your eyes. The cream to powder finish is nice because it doesn’t feel sticky at all. It almost has a silky feel when you blend it in.

NARS Penny Lane

As you can see Penny Lane is very light nude and is the lightest of my cream blushes. I hope you enjoyed hearing about my favorite cream blushes and if you have any suggestions on one's I should try, let me know! Talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment