Thursday, August 19, 2010

My Skincare Regimen: Kate Sommerville

Growing up my skin was crazy oily and broke out like crazy. Once I surpass my teenage years, my skin became more combination/oily. My t-zone is usually the oiliest place on my face. The only time I breakout is usually during that special time of the month. Over the years I have tried out tons of different products and product systems. Some were decent, others made my skin worse. I was using ProActiv at the time when my friend had told me about Kate Sommerville. I had read about Kate’s products in many fashion & beauty magazine but had never had to interest in trying them out. Well my friend convinced me that I would love the products so I thought I would give them a shot. I am so glad I did. My skin looks and feels amazing. I finally have a regimen that feel is making my skin better, not just eliminating breakouts. Here are the products I use:

Daily Detox Cleanser ($34) is something I use AM/PM to wash the daily crud off my face. It’s a light foaming gel cleanser that promises to remove impurities and fight bacteria to prevent breakouts. Phytic acid in the cleanser helps fade acne scars and reduce redness. I love the way my face feels after using this because it does not feel sucked dry, but soft and clean.




Next, I use the Clarifying Treatment Toner ($24) which contains witch hazel & phytic acid to clarify and balance the oil production. I also use this AM/PM. This toner does not dry your skin out like some acne toners that contain alcohol can. This is alcohol free and very refreshing.


To treat and prevent breakouts I use the Anti Bac Clearing Lotion ($39). It contains 5% Benzoyl Peroxide to help fight bacteria and calm inflammations. A little goes a long way with the product. You can either you it for spot treatment or spread a thin layer over your whole face. Usually I just use this product at night, but if I am broken out, I will use in the morning to help treat throughout the day.


The last product I use is the Oil Free Moisturizer ($65). Finding a good moisturizer is very important to me. Some can be overly greasy and others don’t provide enough moisture. That is not the case with this product. It provides the perfect amount of moisture thorough out the day to keep my skin hydrated. It also contains an algae based complex that fights lines and wrinkles, which is a plus.



Twice a week I use Kate Sommerville’s Clearing mask ($45) to help rid my skin of impurities and help clear my pores. This is a Kaolin clay mask that absorbs oil and helps clam your skin. I really like the way my skin feels after I wash the mask off, very refreshed.



Also twice a week I use Exfolikate ($85) to remove dead skin cells and polish my skin. This is Kate Sommerville’s signature product. It has been compared to the facial you can get when you go to see Kate yourself in her clinic. It contains tons of enzymes to clarify your skin and help clear blackheads. It really does give your skin a glow when you wash it off.





I hope you all enjoyed hearing about my skincare and suggest that you check out Kate Sommerville’s products next time you are at Sephora or online at katesommerville.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment